Oh, hey, anyone notice any icon chances recently? Yeah, they’re pretty wonderful. Or maybe I should say funderful? Looking forward to where they end up!
- When users first open Firefox 57, we will now move items they added to the old hamburger panel into the new overflow panel
- As part of this work, the photon structure pref was removed, and we made a start with removing some of the old code we were lugging around until now. This removed over 2500 lines of code!
- Pocket was added to the page action menu.
- You can now removed pinned page actions from the URL bar via a context menu on the icons (in addition to the menu items in the page action menu itself).
- The favicon for customize mode now matches the icon used elsewhere.
- We broke, and then fixed, the history button. Oops. Sorry about that!
- Fixed a bunch of styling and behavior issues.
- New panel animations have landed.
- More of the new download animation has landed. When a download starts, and arrow zooms into the download icon, and when it finishes the download icon expands/pulses a couple times.
- Also made the download progressbar fill in the opposite direction in RTL locales.
- Made adjustments to the stop-reload animation to stop playing the animation if pages load fast, also not playing the animation while tabs are opening or closing.
- Completed a general facelift of preferences (font & size & colors) to match Photon style. New icons, too.
- Removed all colons from subdialog headers.
- Nearing completion of the Photon preferences MVP work!
- Updated the button positions in the navbar, and made them more customizable. (This was a contributor patch – thanks!)
- Close buttons updated across the UI (also a contributor patch!)
- The “Compact Light” and “Compact Dark” themes have been renamed to simply “Light” and “Dark”. (The UI density setting is already independent of the theme.)
- Added the opt-out auto-refresh checkbox into the stub installer. When it finds you’re (re)installing Firefox on top of an already-installed Firefox that’s 2+ versions out of date, it will offer to perform a profile refresh. This helps avoid problems with people who once tried Firefox, but then stopped using it (sometimes due to problems caused by an add-on or setting).
- Updated the UITour highlight style to the Photon style.
- Added UITour support for the Page Action panel, so the Onboarding can later use it to introduce the Screenshot feature located there.
- Addressed a couple of accessibility issues.
- The tab strip now uses CSS smooth-scroll, which avoids janky synchronous reflows while scrolling through tabs.
- When closing a tab, the next tab is now selected faster.
- Replaced various timers with idle callbacks to avoid jank soon after startup.